To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
THE PROGRAM for Offenders, Inc. a non-profit organization in Pittsburgh, PA, provides alternative housing, reentry services, and PA licensed drug and alcohol treatment at its residential facilities and in the community. THE PROGRAM has provided supportive services to give offenders a second chance at a crime and addiction-free life, and to give their children a first chance, since 1976. Because everyone deserves a chance, whether or not they are justice-involved, we provide our drug and alcohol treatment services to any eligible adult from the community referred to our facilities, including self-referrals.
We are looking for a full-time Certified Recovery Specialist (CRS) to provide a range of non-clinical peer-to-peer supports to adults who have Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) and self-identify as being in recovery. This position is part of an exciting new pilot program that will provide peer support across Allegheny County. It offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, life insurance, paid time off, and retirement plan contributions.
The CRS helps clients explore and determine their recovery options without pushing them in any specific direction—and knows how to share his/her own experience of opioid addiction and recovery in a way that helps clients experience less distress, find satisfaction and contentment in their lives, and have hope for moving forward.
Interested applicants who meet the requirements below will learn more about the responsibilities of this position during the interview process:
• Personal history of opioid addiction and recovery, including participation in treatment for OUD
• Willingness and ability to share that personal experience to inspire and educate others
• Ability to develop a strong rapport with people from any socio-economic or cultural background, while maintaining appropriate boundaries
• Certified Recovery Specialist certification through the Pennsylvania Certification Board
• Familiarity with manualized tools that help clients plan and focus, such as WRAP for Addictions
• Knowledge of local resources that may help to meet clients’ needs and support their quality of life
• Past experience providing peer support individually and/or in groups preferred
• Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
• Able and willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
• Must be able to obtain current ACT 33 & 34 Clearances.
• Must be able to obtain additional clearances as required.
• Valid driver’s license and full-time use of an insured vehicle, as local travel is required.