To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
Provide advanced clinical and educational services in coordination with the multi-disciplinary team consistent with Caron’s standards of care. In the absence of the program director, assume leadership of the family services team to ensure coordination of staff, education programming and continuity of patient care and support to families. The population this position would be working with is Older Adult Population and Caron's Executive Women's Program.
Hours are: M-F , minimum of 8 hours/day, with working 1 Sunday per month, as well as 1 holiday per year.
This position would be working with is Older Adult Population and Caron's Executive Women's Program.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Consultation - Demonstrate an ability to collaborate with a multi-disciplinary treatment team and initiate case consultations. This includes being an active member of the team; collaborating with internal and external referrals to ensure enhanced quality and continuity of care. Demonstrate the ability to work with key referents and stakeholders in a collaborative style.
2. Case management – Coordinate all services for patient/family care. This includes the integration of family in treatment, communication with referral sources when needed, consultation and detailed communication with the treatment team. Able to recognize elements of patient/family crisis, implement a course of action utilizing Caron resources, treat the patient and support the family.
3. Evaluation – Identify family dynamics that impact patient’s treatment and future recovery. Evaluate signs and symptoms of substance use disorders and other coexisting conditions and identify strengths, weaknesses and problem areas in the family system.
4. Clinical work - Provide individual, group and family therapy sessions, by selecting the counseling theories, applying techniques to assist the patient, group or family in accordance with cultural, gender, lifestyle and age differences. Must be able to interact with patient, groups, and families in a therapeutic manner.
5. Professional speaking - Facilitate group psycho-education through the use of lectures, sculpture and other modalities. Deliver clear, understandable lectures to the patient community, Family Education Program and outside presentations representing Caron.
6. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
1. Must be able to work extended hours, travel as needed.
2. Must be able to deliver presentations that may be both multiple times and for lengthy time periods to audiences in large and small group settings.
3. Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
4. Ability to accompany patients throughout the campus.
1. Master’s Degree in counseling, behavioral sciences, or related human services field is required.
2. Two years clinical experience working with families impacted by addiction is required. Minimum 3 years of experience in the field is preferred.
3. Experience with public speaking is required.
4. LSW, LCSW, LPC or LMFT is preferred. A CADC or CAADC is required or eligible for CAADC within 1 year.
5. Knowledgeable in adult developmental issues for their respective fields.
6. If recovering two years of uninterrupted sobriety preferred.
7. Must comply with ACT 33 of Pennsylvania law to work with youth populations.
1. Must be thoroughly familiar with and be able to demonstrate knowledge of the principals and programs of the various 12 step fellowships.
2. Must possess good verbal and writing skills.
3. Knowledgeable in adult developmental issues for their respective fields.
4. Must possess the willingness and capacity for growth, both personally and professionally.
5. Must have the ability to be objective, empathetic while addressing the individual needs of the respective patients, referrals and family members.
6. Must be computer literate and able to work with most Microsoft applications along with network components.
7. Must have fluid communication skills and the ability to document insights and observations in a clinical record.
8. Must possess a high degree of professionalism and be able to keep confidential information, and treat sensitive clinical information ethically.
9. Must be able to keep all clinical work within the guidelines of the Pennsylvania Certification Board ethical standards throughout his/her work.