To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
The LTSS - Certified Peer Specialist (LCPS) provides flexible, community-based services that are designed to promote the empowerment, recovery, and community integration of individuals who have mental health challenges, as well as physical disabilities, by facilitating opportunities for individuals receiving services to direct their own recovery and advocacy process, by teaching and supporting the acquisition and utilization of skills needed to facilitate the individual’s recovery, promoting the knowledge of available service options and choices and the utilization of natural resources in the community, and helping facilitate the development of a sense of wellness and self-worth.
• Works with individuals to identify, develop, and access supports to increase his/her success in community integration
• Supports and teaches recovery and recovery tools and models personal responsibility, self-advocacy, and hopefulness
• Partners with each individual to assess their hopes, strengths, accomplishments and challenges in order to achieve his/her stated goals
• In partnership with each individual develops the recovery plan and his/her support system in order to support him/her in becoming self-sufficient
• Supports individuals in the self-management of critical or crisis situations.
• Supports individuals in coordinating with or in choosing his/her significant and relevant supports (behavioral health and long-term supports and services) in order to identify resources or arrange services to achieve his/her goals
• Assists the individual in preparation and documentation of the peer support recovery plan, progress notes, and other documents that verify service delivery using person-first language, in a timely manner according to established quality and regulatory standards
• Supports and assists participants when necessary and ensures participants’ safety when participating in events, visits, and other interactions
• Participates in weekly 1:1 supervision and monthly team meetings discussing and assessing individuals served in various life domains
• Assists individuals with educational and employment-related goals, benefit acquisition, accessing appropriate medical, behavioral health, and long-term support services
• In conjunction with Care Management & Behavioral Services (CBMS) Director, create a monthly schedule of peer-directed activities, groups, and trainings to include but not limited to WRAP trainings, mental health advanced directives, health screenings, substance abuse groups, peer support groups, housing options and other topics of interest to the individuals served
• Champion for culture change and supportive leadership.
• Demonstrates politeness and respectfulness and evidences the self-awareness of the effect of their behavior on others.
• Demonstrates respect for diversity.
• Is approachable & easy to talk with; puts forth an extra effort to make people at ease; is patient & builds a rapport with customers and is a good listener.
• Is valued as a team player, has the trust & support of peers & promotes collaboration within the department.
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships by gaining trust and respect.
• Is approachable and easy to talk with; puts forth an extra effort to make people at ease; is patience and builds rapport with customers and is a good listener.
• A team player and has the trust and support of peers.
• Promotes collaboration within the department
• Actively engages in the use of computer systems and technology to enhance the day-to-day flow of information i.e. responding to email messages in a timely fashion and using Outlook to manage meetings.
• Demonstrates ability to document in an electronic health record
• Understands common computer terminology and fundamentals of computers
• Network account login, Basic Windows skills
• Parts of the Windows desktop
• Use the mouse; move and resize windows
• File management, open, view and print files
• Save files, dating, and basic version control
• When and why to store files in Desktop (C:\ drive), OneDrive, and Shared folders
Time Management: Proficient in organization and managing time in a way to meet productivity standards and work independently in the community.
Builds Networks: Builds strong formal and informal networks, particularly within the community as they relate to the supports and services that may be needed by individuals. Maintains relationships across a variety of functions and locations and draws upon multiple relationships to exchange ideas, resources, and know how.
Problem Solving/Analysis. Considers multiple sides of an issue and proactively researches available information before making informed recommendations. Recognizes issues, and determines actions needed to advance the decision-making process. Follows up as necessary.
Communications: Ability to consistently share ideas, recommendations, feedback, and requests effectively and respectfully.
• Listening Skills: Understands that the most important aspect of communication is the act of listening and actively works to improve those skills.
• Oral Skills: Speaks with confidence using clear, concise sentences and is easily understood.
• Written Skills: Produces well thought-out, professional correspondence free of grammatical and spelling errors.
• Telephone/Email: Uses high quality, professional oral and written skills (as described above) to project a positive image of the Business.
• Minimum of a High School or GED Diploma; Associates Degree in a Human Services related field is preferred
• Credentialed in the state of Pennsylvania as a Certified Peer Specialist (CPS).
• Has a physical disability and/or a minimum of two years’ experience, personal or professional, working with individuals who have physical disabilities
• Knowledge of behavioral health and long-term support and services systems and resources in greater Philadelphia
• Effective communication skills (written and oral).
• Strong time management and organizational skills.