To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
Perform routine clerical and administrative functions including check-in and check-out of clients, scheduling and confirming client appointments, collection of cash receipts, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, completing and processing initial intake paperwork, and providing information to callers.
Essential Job Functions
1. Ensure all appointments are entered correctly into the EHR system.
2. Check-in clients and notify the proper provider via phone and IM in a timely matter.
3. Check-out clients by adding the appointment in the proper provider schedule along with any other services the provider may request.
4. Complete verification of benefits for all clients prior to rendering of services.
5. Email all information to the proper provider and/or staff member of any changes in insurance coverage and update profile on our EHR system.
6. Monitor schedule for scheduling errors, such as but not limited to, incorrect provider, multiple services same day, and insurance restrictions which may apply.
7. Assure accurate client insurance information and attach all supportive documentation into the patient dashboard in the EHR system. Verify and update insurance information as warranted.
8. Create a patient dashboard and assure all patient information is accurate. Enter all relevant client information into the EHR System.
9. Create, maintain and update all logs, including (but not limited to) Open Admission Log, Referral Log, and Individual Cash Receipts Log.
10. Maintain a high level of customer service and professionalism both in dealing with the public and within the organization.
11. Properly navigate received telephone calls to the appropriate staff member.
12. Distribute any incoming fax, mail and any other delivered packages to the appropriate staff member on a timely matter.
13. Assist in opening and closing of Agency when appropriate.
14. Develop an understanding of trauma and how it impacts others.
15. Incorporate trauma informed practices into job duties and responsibilities, including interactions and communications with others.
16. Be an active member of BCC’s culture of caring through positive and engaging social interactions.
17. Perform all other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent plus one (1) year office experience in healthcare field or Medical Secretary/Medical Billing certificate required. Flexibility with hours, including evenings required. Excellent communication skills required. Excellent attention to detail required. Verbal communication in both Spanish and English preferred. Customer service experience preferred. Knowledge of or experience with trauma-informed approaches preferred.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the following: 1) Receipt of results of a satisfactory drug and alcohol screening test. 2) Receipt of the originals of the following background checks: PA State Police Criminal History, PA State Child Abuse, and DPW FBI Criminal History. These clearances must be valid within the 12 months prior to employment. A conviction is not a bar to employment, however a review will be conducted to make a determination of employment should a conviction be present. 3) Receipt of original documentation and verification of relevant degrees, diplomas, certificates, or licensure. 4) Confirmation that you are not on the OIG Federal Healthcare Program Exclusion from Participation list. Should you appear on this list, Berks Counseling Center is prohibited from employing you.