To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
The CHW-BH is a core member of the interdisciplinary care team (ICT) that serves as an active support to members to encourage and educate on the importance of medical care and compliance with treatment and care plan goals and locating those who have been lost to care. The CHW-BH is knowledgeable of community resources and acts as a liaison between members and resources to refer and link members to necessary community-based services. The CHW-BH primarily interfaces with members in the community setting, meeting members in their home or community location. The CHW-BH establishes and maintains a trusting rapport with members, families, and relevant stakeholders for a specific assignment or within an estimated 3–6-month timeframe, as indicated, and based on the CHW trigger list.
AbsoluteCare, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
• Manage an assigned caseload of members with the primary goal of engaging the member into care, thereby reducing preventable utilization, e.g., emergency room, hospital admissions and readmissions.
• Outreach to members/caregivers/families in the community to locate, engage, establish trust, and assist in resolving barriers to care.
• Coordinate transportation for medical/behavioral health appointments, community resources, post discharge follow up appointments, etc., as appropriate.
• Observe the home or community setting to identify needs related to social determinants of health, community integration, family/collateral information, etc., related to members’ health status. Document all information and interactions in the clinical system.
• Participate in the interdisciplinary care team (ICT) including case consultations, rounds, and follow up.
• Facilitate member enrollment in AbsoluteCare and community programs to support community integration, independent living, and access to integrated health care, as needed.
Education and Experience
High School degree or equivalency.
2+ years serving the needs of the local population, preferably in a healthcare setting or community/outreach organization with experience in the following:
Working knowledge and relationships with community resources and support services
Cultural competence in working with a diverse population
Delivering peer support
Ability to work independently in the field
Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with members and community partners.