To have your employment opportunity listed here, email email@example.com.
Acceptable formats are Word documents or in the body of the email. BE SURE TO INCLUDE HOW A PERSON APPLIES FOR A POSITION IN YOUR JOB POSTING.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
The Recovery Support Specialist’s primary responsibility is to engage, guide, and assist individuals in the recovery process during treatment, as well as post treatment. The RSS acts as a liaison and assists client in navigating through systems of services and resources beyond clinical treatment such as education, employment, healthcare and peer support.
• Willingness to mentor Tadiso’s patients.
• Provide supportive assistance to the patient’s recovery needs in regards to their Substance Use Disorder.
• Understand a variety of models and theories of addiction, recovery, and other issues related to drug abuse
• Ability to establish a relationship with patient that displays dignity and respect as reflected in professional language and appropriate boundaries.
• Arrange referrals to other agencies, community programs, and other resources to meet the needs of the patient and family.
• Document interactions and progress into patient’s electronic medical record; complete all documentation within required time frame.
• Participate in Tadiso’s meetings and case consultations as appropriate.
• Participate in Social Services department meetings, agency meetings, and internal and/or external trainings to promote performance improvement.
• Collaborate and communicate with other Tadiso staff, as well as other treatment team and support members, as appropriate
• Utilize motivating techniques to empower patients via education and focus on the tools necessary to support engagement in treatment and navigation through the recovery process.
• Assist the patient with developing and utilizing a recovery support system, as well as modeling appropriate behavior and interactions.
• Other duties as directed by management staff.
• Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with clients, staff, public, and other agencies.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Basic Computer Knowledge.
• Proficient Typing skills.
Position requires 5 years lived recovery experience with a substance use condition and current certification as a Certified Recovery Specialist or must be willing to obtain certification within one year of hire.
• Must have high school diploma/ GED
• Must have valid driver’s license, car registration, and insurance
• Must be willing to carry insurance on vehicle specific to the programs needs
• Must be willing to travel
• Must have own transportation
• Child Abuse, FBI, and PA Clearance
• Must have clean driving record
• Work environment of moderation in temperature, noise
• Sitting at desk for hours
• Close vision at computer
• Repetitive motions for computer use.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of position without compromising patient care
• Must be able to lift 50lbs