To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
Hazleton Area Drug & Alcohol Facility offering a $500 sign on bonus with flexible work hours Monday-Friday, weekends off; 12 paid holidays; 5 days of paid time off within the first 6 months of employment; health insurance paid by employer; trainings, certifications & licensing covered by employer; accident & liability insurance coverage.
The Bilingual Drug & Alcohol Counselor will assess client needs for outpatient drug and alcohol treatment services by asking a series of questions for the purpose of compiling data. The Bilingual Drug & Alcohol Counselor will then use the data to determine the best course of treatment for the client. The Bilingual Drug & Alcohol Counselor will determine the agency’s ability to meet the client’s needs or subsequently refer the client accordingly.
• Administer and complete screening interview forms in order to determine the level of care and appropriateness of the agency’s program for the individual
• Obtain pertinent information from new clients in a courteous and professional manner
• Assure all intake forms are accurately completed, signed and filed in the chart
• Provide the individual with a verbal description of the services offered by the agency
• Obtain all proper authorizations
• Provide referrals to clients as appropriate
• Processes paperwork for new clients efficiently and in accordance with the Department of Drug & Alcohol Standards
• Maintain regular communication with referral sources via telephone, written correspondence & monthly external reports
• Respect client dignity and confidentiality
• Collaborate and coordinate with ancillary services
• Conduct individual treatment sessions
• Facilitate psycho educational group sessions
• Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in a Human Service field required
• Should have at least one year related work experience in an outpatient treatment setting
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must have excellent documentation skills
• Must have a professional demeanor
• Demonstrate the ability to deescalate frustrated clients and make decisions based upon anticipated outcomes
• Show proficiency with computer programs which may include Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and others
• Must have excellent time management and organizational skills
• Possess the ability to adjust to constantly changing workload