To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
Berks Counseling Center is a recovery-oriented behavioral health, physical health, and supportive services organization providing a holistic approach to a culturally and economically diverse population for the purpose of achieving a healthy and productive lifestyle.
Accomplishes clients' care by assessing treatment needs; developing, monitoring, and evaluating treatment plans and progress; and facilitating interdisciplinary approaches. This position provides intensive case management to individuals with co-occurring disorders. The Case Manager will complete an assessment of the individual’s strengths and needs to work with the individual to complete an individualized strength- based service plan to guide them in overcoming barriers to recovery and towards independence and stability. The Case Manager must be able to work with an integrated team to collaborate with behavioral health and medical departments to meet the needs of the individual and identify appropriate resources in the community to facilitate the individual’s recovery.
- Complete a comprehensive assessment of clients’ skills, strengths, and needs to effectively determine clients who may benefit from case management services.
- Complete intakes on new clients when needed and initiate all pertinent paperwork, including a review of client’s rights and consent forms.
- Work cooperatively with clients to develop a unique service plan based on each client’s skills, strengths, and needs.
- Encourage, support, and assist clients in meeting support plan goals.
- Assist clients in locating resources and provide referral to those resources.
- A high school diploma and 12 semester credit hours in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, or other social science and 2 years’ experience in direct contact with mental health consumers.
- Or a Bachelor’s degree in the social services or related field or a RN.
- Experience working with individuals with co-occurring disorders preferred.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred.
- Valid PA Driver’s License and the ability to drive, travel and provide community-oriented services required.
- Knowledge of 12 Step Program and Community Resources a plus.
- A willingness to work with integrated team members required.
- Knowledge of or experience with trauma-informed approaches preferred.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the following: 1) Receipt of results of a satisfactory drug and alcohol screening test. 2) Receipt of the originals of the following background checks: PA State Police Criminal History, PA State Child Abuse, and DPW FBI Criminal History. These clearances must be valid within the 12 months prior to employment. A conviction is not a bar to employment; however, a review will be conducted to make a determination of employment should a conviction be present. 3) Receipt of original documentation and verification of relevant degrees, diplomas, driver's license, certificates, or licensure. 4) Confirmation that you are not on the OIG Federal Healthcare Program Exclusion from Participation list. Should you appear on this list, Berks Counseling Center is prohibited from employing you. 5)Receipt of 10-year Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).