To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
Accomplishes clients' care by assessing treatment needs; developing, monitoring, and evaluating treatment plans and progress; and facilitating interdisciplinary approaches. This position provides intensive case management to individuals with co-occurring disorders. The Case Manager will complete an assessment of the individual’s strengths and needs to work with the individual to complete an individualized strength based service plan to guide them in overcoming barriers to recovery and towards independence and stability. The Case Manager must be able to work with an integrated team to collaborate with behavioral health and medical departments to meet the needs of the individual and identify appropriate resources in the community to facilitate the individual’s recovery.
1. Complete a comprehensive assessment of clients’ skills, strengths, and needs in order to effectively determine clients who may benefit from case management services.
2. Complete intakes on new clients when needed and initiate all pertinent paperwork, including a review of client’s rights and consent forms.
3. Work cooperatively with clients to develop a unique service plan based on each client’s skills, strengths, and needs.
4. Encourage, support and assist clients in meeting support plan goals.
5. Assist clients in locating resources and provide referral to those resources.
6. Assist clients in overcoming barriers to follow through with services such as needs for childcare or transportation.
7. Serve as an advocate to help clients overcome barriers and obstacles.
8. Utilize role playing and other skills building techniques as appropriate to maximize client progress.
9. Maintain individual case records on clients receiving services.
10. Complete follow up monitoring of clients after completion of services.
11. Communicate special needs of clients to their primary counselor.
12. Work cooperatively with treatment staff and other community services organizations.
13. Prepare all reports and documentation as required.
14. Perform other related tasks as directed.
15. Assist with organizing and staffing child care support (not applicable to Housing Case Managers).
16. Maintain updated information on community services and resources.
17. Assist individuals with transition from inpatient facility, including hospital stay and/or rehab facility to coordinate continuance with outpatient services.
18. Develop an understanding of trauma and how it impacts others.
19. Incorporate trauma informed practices into job duties and responsibilities, including interactions and communications with others.
20. Be an active member of BCC’s culture of caring through positive and engaging social interactions.
21. Perform all other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in the social services or related field required.
At least 2 years experience working with adults with severe mental health.
Experience working with individuals with co-occurring disorders preferred.
Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred.
Valid PA Driver’s License and the ability to drive, travel and provide community-oriented services required.
Knowledge of 12 Step Program
Knowledge of Community Resources a plus.
A willingness to work with integrated team members required.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the following: 1) Receipt of results of a satisfactory drug and alcohol screening test. 2) Receipt of the originals of the following background checks: PA State Police Criminal History, PA State Child Abuse, and DPW FBI Criminal History. These clearances must be valid within the 12 months prior to employment. A conviction is not a bar to employment, however a review will be conducted to make a determination of employment should a conviction be present. 3) Receipt of original documentation and verification of relevant degrees, diplomas, certificates, or licensure. 4) Confirmation that you are not on the OIG Federal Healthcare Program Exclusion from Participation list. Should you appear on this list, Berks Counseling Center is prohibited from employing you.