To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
Certified Peer Specialist
CenClear is looking for Certified Peer Specialist (CPS) in Elk, Huntingdon/Mifflin/Juniata, Blair, Clearfield/Jefferson, and Centre Counties.
CenClear is looking for applicants that already have CPS certification, or CenClear will also provide training for you to become certified. If you like working with people and are looking for flexible hours, contact CenClear today!
General Description of Duties
A CPS is a supportive advocate who assists youth, and young adults with a mental health diagnosis in keeping on their path to recovery. A CPS will share their own experiences and will help others to find inner strength and hope. A CPS will help others to set goals for themselves and then will help others to reach these self-directed goals. A CPS will also help others to find supports within their own community.
• Facilitates assistance in accessing various community resources (education, housing, transportation, recovery supports, etc.).
• Offers referrals to treatment services when necessary.
• Provides guidance throughout the recovery process.
• Helps client with developing an Individual Recovery Plan.
• Offers support and advocacy related to obstacles that are often encountered during the recovery process.
• Assists participants in acquiring self-care skills such as budgeting, shopping, cooking, housekeeping, interview skills, etc.
• Introduces and engages participants in community resources.
• Assists participants to advocate for themselves throughout the recovery process.
• Attends trainings as identified for the position, target population and individual need for professional growth.
• Must have a mental health diagnosis at least 1 year
• Must be at least the age of 18
• Must have worked or volunteered 12 months out of the past 3 years
• Must have access to transportation
• Must have a high school diploma, GED, or higher degree
• PA Certified Peer Specialist Certification preferred, if you do not have the certification CenClear will provide and pay for the training
*with a one year signed commitment