To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
Are you looking for a part-time job that pays well and is flexible? Have you been in recovery for 2 years or more? RCS is looking for a Certified Recovery Specialist to provide recovery support and mentoring to individuals in all stages of recovery.
Part-Time Position General Description of Duties
- Certified Recovery Specialists provides supportive services to enhance clients’ recovery, including but not limited to services within the following areas: outreach, peer-based recovery support, and mentoring in all stages of recovery.
- Certified Recovery Specialists assist participants in gaining access to needed resources in the community, by assisting them in overcoming barriers, and helping bridge gaps between their needs and available resources.
- Such services shall be made available to individuals at all stages of the recovery process, including to those not yet engaged in treatment or other services.
- These services will enhance the service continuum by offering ongoing supports and assistance in promoting and encouraging long-term recovery.
- Certified Recovery Specialists work closely with program participants before, during, and after their treatment experiences to support and assist them in their recovery, in understanding and navigating the system of care, as well as encouraging any necessary connections with other service systems.
- Facilitates assistance in accessing various community resources (education, housing, transportation, recovery supports, employment, etc.).
- Offers referrals to treatment services when necessary.
- Provides guidance on the recovery process and recovery education.
- Helps clients with developing a Personal Recovery Plan.
- Offers support and advocacy related to obstacles that are often encountered during the early stages of recovery.
- Assists participants in acquiring self-care skills such as budgeting, nutrition, housekeeping, interview skills, hygiene, etc.
- Provides telephone recovery support when applicable (i.e. Recovery Checkups).
- Monitors participants’ recovery stability.
- Introduces and engages participants in the recovery community.
- Provides support before, during, and after treatment.
- Provides outreach and advocacy for those in the early stages of recovery (i.e. Meeting with landlord and client).
- Assists case managers and drug and alcohol staff with outreach activities to engage new participants in the recovery process.
- Performs follow-up activities with participants who have completed programs or need re-admission.
- Attends training as identified for the position, target population, and individual need for professional growth.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of two (2) years in recovery
- Certification as a Certified Recovery Specialist or receipt of certification within 12 months of hire (We may provide training.)
- Access to transportation & Computer skills
This position will require the FBI fingerprint and State Police Criminal Background check before hiring. Please see links below:
- PA Criminal Record (State Police)- $8.00- https://epatch.state.pa.us
- FBI Clearance -$23.00- pa.cogentid.com (preregister and pay online and then physically get fingerprinted at one of the designated locations- Choose the Department of Human Services)
- We can accept Clearances within the past 18 months to be considered for hire.
José Lugo, BA, CRS
Recovery Coaching Services
505 Penn St.
Reading, Pa. 19601