To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
New Roots, Inc is hiring center-based CRS positions in our Wilkes-Barre, Hazleton, and Tamaqua Recovery Support Centers. New Roots, Inc. is also hiring community-based CRS positions in Northeast PA.
A certified Recovery Specialist (CRS) provides peer support services, serves as an advocate, and provides information to participants. The CRS performs a wide range of tasks to assist individuals in regaining control over their lives and recovery process. The CRS will model competence in recovery and coping.
- Assist peers in articulating personal goals for recovery and provide linkage to community-based resources
- Assist peers in determining reasonable and holistic steps moving toward recovery, identifying barriers to recovery goals, and identifying personal strengths in daily living and recovery skills
- Observe and reinforce positive progress that peers make toward recovery goals
- Teach problem-solving skills including identifying and combating negative self-talk
- Support vocational choices peers make and assist them in overcoming job-related barriers
- Assist peers in building social skills by demonstrating and reinforcing proper conduct and respectful interaction
- Utilize his/her unique recovery experience to teach and role model the value of every individual’s recovery experience
- Attend approved and relevant seminars/mandatory staff in-service training
- Maintain confidentiality of peer information and appropriate professional boundaries with peers and avoid dual relationships
- Fulfill documentation requirements of New Roots accurately and in a timely manner
- Adhere to the CRS/CFRS Code of Ethical Conduct and Fraud, Waste and Abuse Policy
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Self-identify as an individual in recovery for a minimum of two (2) consecutive years
- Verify completion of the state-approved training program and passing score on certification exam upon hire.