To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
We are offering a sign on bonus.
We need hope-bringers and changemakers — because the work we all do matters. If you’re passionate about making an impact with your time and being someone’s light in the darkness, we want you on our team.
Come Join Us to Do Mission-Based, Meaningful Work
Who We Are
Gaudenzia is one of the largest nonprofit providers of treatment to people with substance use and co-occurring disorders in the nation.
Our caring, compassionate team is on a mission to save thousands of lives each year and bring hope to people devastated by substance use disorder. Together, we help individuals, families, and communities heal and thrive in the face of one of the most devastating public health crises of our time.
As our organization grows and evolves to meet the needs of our clients and communities, we’re seeking passionate, empathic individuals to help us make an impact. With your help, we can turn the tide on substance use disorder.
Who We’re Looking For
A successful Certified Recovery Specialist enjoys working with people from diverse backgrounds and doesn’t shy away from honest and caring — yet sometimes difficult — conversations. This position is for you if you’re able to treat others with dignity, compassion, and respect, even in life’s most challenging moments.
Benefits & Perks:
Gaudenzia is a diverse, inclusive workplace where purpose-driven people thrive. We think our team members are real heroes, and we believe those who devote their lives to making the world a better place deserve competitive salaries, generous health benefits, and unbeatable work-life balance in return.
Benefits & Perks at Gaudenzia include:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance (At No Cost)
• Short-Term Disability Insurance (At No Cost)
• Life Insurance (At No Cost)
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (At No Cost)
• Vision Insurance
• Various Supplemental Benefits (Aflac, Legal, Identity Theft & FSA)
• You generate two banks of time off: Personal and Vacation
o Paid Time Off (PTO) Accruals at 80 hours minimally during your 1st year of employment
o Vacation Accruals at 80 hours minimally during your 1st year of employment
• 10 Paid Holidays Per Calendar Year
• Paid Bereavement Leave
• Education Assistance Benefit (Tuition Reimbursement)
• Full reimbursement for the cost of professional license/certification renewals
• 403(b) Retirement Plan with an Employer Match Up to 5%
• Employee Assistance Program
Gaudenzia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not practice or permit discrimination based on race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, religion, creed, disability, or veteran’s status.
What you'll do at Gaudenzia:
• Provide hope and encouragement needed for the client in reaching his/her goal(s) for recovery;
• Reinforce the process the recovering person has learned for identifying weaknesses such as negative self-talk, while also assisting the recovering person with identifying
his or her own strengths, needs, abilities, and preferences.
• Assist the person in recovery in articulating of their personal recovery goals.
• Assist the recovering person in the development of their aftercare (wellness recovery) plan;
• Provide resources for the recovering person about community and natural supports and how to utilize these in the recovery process;
• Promote empowerment skills through self-advocacy and stigma-busting tools;
• Advocate for effective recovery based services;
• Attend mandatory treatment team meetings to discuss the client’s recovery process while in treatment including stabilization, behavior modification, MAT options,
discharge and aftercare planning.
• Become a referral source and act as a liaison with established 12 step and other identified community support groups;
• Model effective coping techniques and self-help strategies;
• Support the vocational choices of the recovering person and assist him/her in coping with job-related anxiety, support groups;
• Teach and utilize problem solving techniques and coping skills;
• Assist the recovering person in building and reinforcing newly learned social skills in the community that will enhance his/her job acquisition and tenure.
• Accompany recovering person to appointments, meetings, and other events in the community including leisure activities while maintaining ethical boundaries and
communication with supervisor;
• Document in MyAvatar progress, his/her objectives, goals, and development of treatment plan.
• Document plans and interventions collaboratively with recovering person.
1. Education and training: GED or High School Diploma and successful completion of Pennsylvania Certification Board training for Certified Recovery Specialist.
2. Experience at least 12 months of volunteer service or related employment.
3. No substitutions for education or training.
We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Gaudenzia is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Gaudenzia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For questions, please contact Susan Rea, Talent Acquisition Business Partner at 215-985-2150 or via email, email@example.com