To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
Purpose: Assist clinical team, Admissions Department and the Detox Unit with patient behavior, management and supervision. Will provide patient population with education, maintain a safe community and provide consistent follow through with patients.
2nd and 3rd Shift
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. With close supervision of a clinical and/or administrative staff member, assist the clinical team, Admissions Department and the Detox Unit with behavioral issues within the unit including monitoring and assessing patient behaviors. Examples include eating disorders, psychiatric disorders, aggressive and self-injurious behaviors.
a. Assist with runaway/AMA/ASA protocol
b. Maintain communications/contact with clinical staff regarding patient issues
c. Document patient behavior in Sigmund via shift notes d. De-escalate patients
2. Organize patient movement.
a. Transport patients to activities
b. Ensure patient meeting attendance
c. Ensure attendance at fitness and recreational activities
d. Accompany patient to meals, activities, and outside appointments
e. Assist Counselor Assistant Administrator in coordinating guest speakers and in-house 12 step meetings
f. Monitor and direct patients during emergency evacuations
3. Present educational lectures related to chemical dependency.
4. Manage the admission and transfer process for the patient.
a. Administer luggage checks, transfer luggage weighing up to 50 lbs, manage patient belongings and orient patients to new community
b. When possible, administer luggage checks before patient’s family leaves and send home any contraband
5. Follow Medical Unit sleep protocols for patients.
6. Follow protocol for patients returning from off-site passes, including but not limited to: UDS, breathalyzers and luggage checks.
7. Responsible for daily room checks and periodic room searches.
8. Responsible for the presentation of the facility.
a. Monitor patients to ensure the facility maintains a neat and safe environment
b. Work with patients to ensure patient areas are kept clean and presentable
9. Meet with families upon admission to facilitate orientation and conduct facility tours.
10. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not restrict or prescribe other tasks that may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
2. Requires basic computer skills
3. Requires a basic understanding of chemical dependency and 12-step philosophy
4. Experience working with respective population is preferred
5. 21 years of age or older is required
6. Requires a current, valid, unrestricted driver’s license
7. If in recovery, two years of continuous sobriety is preferred
1. Must be thoroughly familiar or willingness to learn and be able to demonstrate knowledge of the principles and programs of the various 12-step fellowships
2. Must possess the skills to adequately supervise respective population and be able to observe, report, and document behaviors on the unit
3. Must be able to operate as a role model in decorum, speech, and behaviors consistent with recovery principles
4. Must possess the skills necessary to present educational lectures related to chemical dependency
5. Must possess cultural sensitivity and act appropriately within a culture that is not your own
6. Must be computer literate and able to work with most Microsoft applications along with other network components
7. Must be able to keep all clinical work within the guidelines of the Pennsylvania certification board ethical standards throughout his/her work
8. CAAP certification must be obtained within 6 months of 2 year anniversary and maintained upon completion, unless you currently have and maintain a valid AACI or AACII PCB certification. Does not apply to Fee For Service Counselor Assistant positions.