To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
The person in this position will be responsible for providing integrated treatment supporting the needs of both behavioral and physical health care to clients admitted to Berks Counseling Center. This would include clinical treatment modalities and supporting documentation. Services will be provided under the direct supervision of a Team Leader.
Essential Job Functions
1. Collect screening, assessment, or other evaluative data under the supervision of master’s level and/or licensed staff.
2. Provide individual and group sessions under the close supervision of master’s level and/or licensed staff.
3. Effectively assess client treatment needs and participate in individualized integrated treatment plan.
4. Complete clinical documentation that meets compliance standards, medical necessity guidelines, and agency standards as to timeliness and accuracy of documentation.
5. Maintain monthly engagement as designated by team leader.
6. Actively participate in individual supervision, huddles, and clinical team meetings.
7. Work cooperatively with the psychiatrist in meeting the medication management needs of clients.
8. Attend staff meetings and community meetings/committees as assigned.
9. Provide community outreach and networking related to clinical services.
10. Maintain appropriate credentials and attend ongoing training and education as required by licensure, certification and/or agency policy.
11. Maintain accurate, up to date clinical documentation in the client record.
12. Prepare reports as required.
13. Work closely with other treatment staff, case managers and other outside persons involved in a client’s care to assure effective coordination of care, including the promotion of health and wellness.
14. Meet all insurance and funding source requirements.
15. Develop an understanding of trauma and how it impacts others.
16. Incorporate trauma informed practices into job duties and responsibilities, including interactions and communications with others.
17. Be an active member of BCC’s culture of caring through positive and engaging social interactions.
18. Provide crisis coverage as needed.
19. Perform all other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
As of 11/08/2021, employment consideration will be given only to vaccinated candidates.
Associate’s degree in a related social service field required. Bachelor’s Degree in a related social service field preferred.
Pennsylvania Certification Board (PCB) certification (CRS, CAC or CADS) required or ability to get within 1 year. Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred. Knowledge of or experience with trauma-informed approaches preferred.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of ethical practice and standards.
• Knowledge of Electronic Health Records.
• Knowledge and belief in the principles of recovery and the ability and willingness to implement recovery driven supports.
• Knowledge and understanding of trauma and how it impacts others.
• Skill in using Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook and ability to learn new software programs that support project efforts.
• Skill in managing competing priorities.
• Skill in problem solving and conflict resolution including identification of problem or conflict.
• Skill in problem solving and conflict resolution within a team-oriented approach to care.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in active listening and collaborative communication.
• Ability to maintain engagement standards.
• Ability to work well with diverse, low income, high risk populations and provide culturally competent care.
• Ability to communicate professionally with coworkers, clients, and vendors.
• Ability to work independently and establish self-directed goals.
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
• Ability to assist the consumer in identifying appropriate treatment plan goals and action steps.
• Ability to engage in honest, transparent, and respectful interactions with others.
• Ability to act with integrity and work from a place of empathy and compassion.
To apply for a BCC position, please visit our website: berkscounselingcenter.org/careers.