To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
Private not-for-profit D&A outpatient treatment program is seeking an experienced D&A Treatment Specialist for its Milford, PA office. Position provides treatment services to clients in our outpatient D&A treatment program at our Pike County office and in Pike County Correctional Facility.
Full-time 40hr position Monday-Friday with evening hours until 8pm Wednesdays. Excellent benefits including health ins., life/disability insurance, paid training, paid holidays, paid time off and generous 401K plan.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain counselor to active client caseload ratio of 35:1.
- Conduct face-to-face interviews with clients to obtain information needed for D&A level of care recommendations using ASAM for adults/adolescents.
- Complete initial contact documentation; orient client to our treatment programs, policy, procedures and processes; complete bio-psycho-social history, develop initial treatment plans.
- Complete with client, comprehensive treatment plan/updates, conduct individual, family and group intervention/education/therapy sessions; counsel clients in regard to goals and objectives outlined in individual’s treatment plan; present cases to peers during meetings.
- Write all evaluations, progress reports, discharge narratives and other correspondence.
- Maintain client charts on his/her active caseload; complete logs to maintain record of services; complete progress notes in session.
- Provide telephone or drop-in crisis intervention/counseling services as needed.
- Attend trainings required to further develop skills, including CADC certification once eligible.
Candidate must possess a minimum of a BS/BA in Psychology, Social Work or Human services and have a minimum of 2 years direct D&A counseling experience with working knowledge of ASAM. CADC Preferred. Candidates with appropriate degree but without minimum 2yrs direct work experience still considered for trainee position.