To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
The Licensed Practical Nurse cares for the physical and behavioral health needs of population with serious mental illness (SMI). This position is an active member of the multi-disciplinary team that provides therapy, case management, peer and recovery support, and medical support to our consumers. This position involves community-based work to assist clients in coordination of care for physical health and psychiatric services, support for onsite care of clients with SMI, and engagement with community resources to help clients with SMI address their social determinant of care needs.
Essential Job Functions
1. Completes both psychiatric and physical health screenings for clients.
2. Works collaboratively with the psychiatric providers, medical staff, and community physicians and resources in meeting the physical and behavioral health needs of consumers.
3. Administers medication including injectable medication.
4. Provides consultation on medication health issues and collaborate with the psychiatric providers, medical staff, and other internal and external team members in the management of medications and all pertinent services.
5. Provides timely, accurate documentation.
6. Participates in bi-weekly organizational meetings or other meetings as needed.
7. Participates in the development of policies and procedures related to health, medication, and psychiatric care.
8. Manages pharmaceuticals and medical supplies.
9. Educates Consumer and team members regarding medication and health and wellness issues.
10. Assists in the overall team case management, counseling, and support functions.
11. Provides assistance and support to the psychiatric and physical health providers in meeting the overall health and behavioral needs of clients receiving psychiatric evaluation and medication management including prior authorizations for medications as needed.
12. Communicates regularly with other medical staff and clinical staff regarding patient health care and medication needs.
13. Works closely with insurance companies, funding sources, pharmacies, laboratories, and hospitals related to patient medication concerns or discharge planning.
14. Educates, counsels and supports patients in relation to their behavioral health, physical health, and overall wellness care. Reinforce policies and procedures that promote the behavioral and physical health and wellness of patients.
15. Provides in-home, community, hospital, and transitional care supports/interventions to patients involved in project as needed. Ability to drive an agency vehicle and have a clear driving record is essential.
16. Maintains accurate and timely information in the electronic health record (EHR) and support the mission of meaningful use measures.
17. Serves as a consultant to clinical staff on medication, health, and safety concerns.
18. Provides staff training on health issues, including HIV/AIDS/TB and other infectious diseases to the organization’s established group programs.
19. Serves on BCC’s committees in regard to health and safety needs.
20. Provides timely response to patient’s calls regarding medication issues, problems, concerns, or questions.
21. Assists clinic operation with attaining patient’s Temperature, Pulse, Respiration, Weight, Body Mass Index (BMI) and injections.
22. Flexible hours – morning/afternoon (early evening) shifts. There is an expectation of flexible work hours based on client needs. Includes on call duties as needed.
23. Demonstrates good working knowledge and use of technology.
24. Develop an understanding of trauma and how it impacts others.
25. Incorporate trauma informed practices into job duties and responsibilities, including interactions and communications with others.
26. Be an active member of BCC’s culture of caring through positive and engaging social interactions.
27. Strict adherence to health related safety protocols.
28. Performs all other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse, active in the state of Pennsylvania required.
At least one (1) year experience in a behavioral health setting required.
Valid PA Driver’s License required.
Bilingual: English/Spanish a plus.
Knowledge of or experience with trauma-informed approaches preferred.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the following: 1) Receipt of results of a satisfactory drug and alcohol screening test. 2) Receipt of the originals of the following background checks: PA State Police Criminal History, PA State Child Abuse, and DPW FBI Criminal History. These clearances must be valid within the 12 months prior to employment. A conviction is not a bar to employment, however a review will be conducted to make a determination of employment should a conviction be present. 3) Receipt of original documentation and verification of relevant degrees, diplomas, certificates, or licensure. 4) Confirmation that you are not on the OIG Federal Healthcare Program Exclusion from Participation list. Should you appear on this list, Berks Counseling Center is prohibited from employing you.