To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
This position serves as a liaison between the patients and onsite and community providers to assure access to coordinated primary and behavioral health care and is responsible for physical health screenings, including collection of health vitals and enrollment into onsite integrated care services.
Essential Job Functions
1. Prepares patients for the physician inclusive of taking vital signs; height and weight; reviewing and/or recording medical history; interviewing patients and confirming purpose of visit.
2. Greets patients in polite, prompt, helpful manner and provides any necessary instructions/directions.
3. Obtains and enters new patient demographics; updates patient information, as necessary, in the computer system to maintain accuracy of medical records and for billing purposes.
4. Reviews all forms for accuracy and completion according to office policies prior to accepting.
5. Educates patients by providing medication and home care instructions; explain treatment procedures, medications, diets and physicians’ instructions to patients and asks for assistance from licensed staff as appropriate.
6. Collect laboratory specimens, log the specimens and prepare them for testing.
7. Answers patient calls with regard to medications or other medical needs and refers to licensed staff as needed.
8. Completes medical records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
9. Keeps inventory of exam room supplies and placing and expediting orders when necessary. Verifying receipt of supplies and stocking items.
10. Submits all invoices, receipts etc. to billing department.
11. Attends staff meetings as required.
12. Conducts self in accordance with BCC employee manual.
13. Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA and OSHA guidelines/regulations.
14. Obtain prior authorization and do referrals as instructed by licensed providers.
15. Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
16. Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
17. Develop an understanding of trauma and how it impacts others.
18. Incorporate trauma informed practices into job duties and responsibilities, including interactions and communications with others.
19. Be an active member of BCC’s culture of caring through positive and engaging social interactions.
20. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Medical Assistant Degree or training and High School / GED required. Certification or training relevant to work in a medical office with experience in a mental health or substance abuse treatment setting preferred. Basic Life Support certified. Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred. Minimum of one (1) year work experience in a medical setting is preferred. Community Health Workers certification preferred. Knowledge of or experience with trauma-informed approaches preferred.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the following: 1) Receipt of results of a satisfactory drug and alcohol screening test. 2) Receipt of the originals of the following background checks: PA State Police Criminal History, PA State Child Abuse, and DPW FBI Criminal History. These clearances must be valid within the 12 months prior to employment. A conviction is not a bar to employment, however a review will be conducted to make a determination of employment should a conviction be present. 3) Receipt of original documentation and verification of relevant degrees, diplomas, certificates, or licensure. 4) Confirmation that you are not on the OIG Federal Healthcare Program Exclusion from Participation list. Should you appear on this list, Berks Counseling Center is prohibited from employing you.