To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
Horizon House, Inc. is a nationally recognized provider of services to adults with support needs due to developmental disabilities, behavioral health issues, and substance abuse. Horizon House is Pennsylvania’s oldest psychiatric rehabilitation agency. Since 1952, we have been dedicated to helping people with mental illness, drug and alcohol addictions, developmental/intellectual disabilities, and homelessness to stabilize their lives and to help them live as independently as possible in the community. With over 100 locations throughout South and North Eastern Pennsylvania and the state of Delaware, Horizon House provides services to a diverse population focusing on individual strength and choice. Currently, we are seeking a full-time Peer Support Specialist to work in our Homeless Services Division.
· Frequent interactions with peers who are at different stages of recovery.
· May be required to assist with crisis intervention in emergency situations in an ancillary/supportive role educating and supporting peers in the development and implementation of WRAP and Advanced Directives.
· Interact with youth/young adults as a peer by sharing common experiences and modeling resiliency and recover.
· Requires the ability to lift, carry, fold, kneel, stack, stoop and bend which may include direct intervention with participants.
· Possess manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
· Light lifting and/or carrying, not to exceed 25 lbs.
· Local travel required.
· Flexibility in scheduling.
· A person who is self identified as meeting or has met criteria for prodromal or psychotic disorder who has utilized mental
health and/or co-occurring services and has been trained and certified to help her/his peers identify and achieve specific
· Has completed an approved peer specialist certification training curriculum.
· Must be a Certified Peer Specialist – certified by a PA State approved entity.
· Demonstrates knowledge of recovery/wellness principles and ability to model and mentor the recovery process and
demonstrates effective coping skills.
· A high school diploma or GED and within the last three (3) years has maintained at least 12 months of successful full or
part-time paid or volunteer work experience or obtained at least 24 (24) credit hours of post-secondary education; or any
combination of experience, education or training that would provide the level of knowledge, skill and ability required.
· Ability to establish supportive trusting relationships with people with mental illnesses and respect for peoples’ rights and
personal preferences is essential.
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to meet agency productivity and documentation standards
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a focused interdisciplinary team
Horizon House offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including: medical & dental, (9) nine paid holidays, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, retirement savings plan, voluntary tax sheltered annuity, transit benefit program, opportunities for advancement and more.
Horizon House, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer • M/F/Veteran/ Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity