To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
Berks Counseling Center is a recovery-oriented behavioral health, physical health, and supportive services organization providing a holistic approach to a culturally and economically diverse population for the purpose of achieving a healthy and productive lifestyle.
The Recovery Support Assistant is an active member of the integrated care team. The Recovery Support Assistant uses their own unique experiences to teach and support consumers in building skills and resources to facilitate individual recovery.
Departments include Clinical inclusive of the Decision Support Center.
- Assist in effectively assessing consumers’ skills, strengths, and needs that will support ongoing substance abuse recovery.
- Assist in developing of a treatment plan that will promote recovery.
- Assist consumers in identifying Personal Medicine, writing Power Statements, and completion of the Common Ground Health Report.
-Assist consumers in overcoming barriers to care.
- Help identify resources and educate consumers about community social service supports that might be available.
- Eligibility for CRS training to result in Pennsylvania Certification Board (PCB) certification (CRS, CAC, or CADS).
- Knowledge of or experience with trauma-informed approaches preferred.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the following: 1) Receipt of results of a satisfactory drug and alcohol screening test. 2) Receipt of the originals of the following background checks: PA State Police Criminal History, PA State Child Abuse, and DPW FBI Criminal History. These clearances must be valid within the 12 months prior to employment. A conviction is not a bar to employment; however, a review will be conducted to make a determination of employment should a conviction be present. 3) Receipt of original documentation and verification of relevant degrees, diplomas, certificates, or licensure. 4) Confirmation that you are not on the OIG Federal Healthcare Program Exclusion from Participation list. Should you appear on this list, Berks Counseling Center is prohibited from employing you.