To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
The Recovery Support Specialist (RSS) provides nonclinical services that support clients at Passages to Recovery's residential treatment facility in their recovery journey. By facilitating and maintaining the day-to-day activities that are essential components of each client's treatment plan, the RSS makes it possible for clinical and medical staff to focus more effectively on their own respective roles. By developing professional rapport with clients, sharing their lived experience where applicable, and modeling constructive behaviors, the RSS helps clients achieve their treatment goals. By sharing their insights and observations at treatment team meetings and in supervision, the RSS provides important information regarding clients' progress. By ensuring adherence to all applicable regulatory, safety and security procedures and standards, the RSS maintains order and structure within the physical treatment milieu and protects clients, staff, and the organization from exposure to the negative consequences of noncompliance. This role provides continuity within residential treatment services, maintains constant attention to clients' needs outside of clinical activities, and facilitates their smooth transition from professionally assisted recovery to personally directed, community supported recovery maintenance.
Provide a range of personal supports to program participants, as indicated, including individual coaching, mentoring, and sharing, support in developing self-advocacy skills and setting boundaries; psychoeducational groups, health and wellness information, educational assistance, support in acquiring life/social skills, and job readiness.
• Participates in direct patient care including patient flow, group facilitation, and therapeutic individual interaction.
• Assists with verbal de-escalation as well as Against Advice interventions.
• Assists in admissions including a person’s search, heat treatment, and patient belongings search and documentation; also includes processing of drop-offs and mail.
• Assists clients with the discharge process including packing of belongings, and Survey completion.
• Assists with all aspects of visitation program, whether in-person or virtual including greeting, sign-in, orientation, search and belongings processing
• If applicable, once DMV record is cleared, RSS may act as an approved driver for patient outings responsible for safe transport and observation of patients.
• Is proficient with all technology hardware, company systems and tools required to perform.
• Always demonstrates appropriate confidentiality when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources, and all other contacts.
Current certification as a PA Certified Recovery Specialist and/or Certified Family Recovery Specialist or with similar relevant training/certification and eligible to CRS/CFRS certification(s) within six months of hire).
• Ability to obtain Allegheny County Jail Clearances.
• At least one year of experience working in community-based recovery settings.
• Able to obtain current ACT 33 & 34 Clearances.
• Able to obtain additional clearances as required.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable, insured personal transportation.
• Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and videoconferencing applications.
• Experience with databases/data entry preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Able and willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including empathetic and active listening and ability to communicate in a non-judgmental way.