To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of full-time substance abuse counselor at our facility in Emlenton, Pa and at our Halfway House located in Butler, PA. The successful candidate will have a degree in Psychology or related field. A Certification as an Addictions Counselor (CAC, CADC) or State Licensure (LPC, LCSW) is preferred. Candidates without this Certification must be willing and able to attain Certification. Qualified candidates should have worked formerly in any of the following capacities: Addictions Counselor, Certified Addictions Counselor, Substance Abuse Counselor, Counselor, Therapist, or Mental Health Counselor. Salary is commensurate with experience. Certified Addictions Counselor and/or Master's degree preferred but not necessary.
* Perform individual and group counseling sessions, including educational/life skills groups and lectures.
* Responsible for conducting admission interview with client; reviewing and updating bio psychosocial history; consulting with clinical team members to formulate treatment goals and objectives.
* Designs treatment plans by utilizing knowledge of alcohol and drug dependency, counseling, and treatment methods; tailoring approach to individual patient needs.
* Responsible for maintaining case history and progress notes of each client on caseload; ability to maintain all requirements for documentation from admission through discharge.
* Responsible for performing insurance authorization reviews and providing updates to MCO's, County SCA's and Case Managers.
* Ability to work in a professional manner with outside agencies, such as managed care companies, PA County SCA's, and Drug Court programs to meet the client needs.
* Ability to help and support others on the most appropriate and helpful roles they can fulfill in the recovery process; including family members, Case Managers, Drug Court programs and other support group members.
* Must be committed to furthering company goals and objectives by adhering to our philosophy of making clients the top priority and ensuring they receive the best care possible.