Want to train for PCB? We are always looking for new trainers, and have developed a list of topics we would love to be represented. If one or more of these is your area of passion or expertise, submit the Application to Train.
- What is my role in treatment?
- How to capture meaning in work/life
- Peers: working together- MH/SUD
- Family Peer focused
- Peer Workforce – How/what peers can teach clinicians/treatment teams and others
- Tapping Techniques
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Family Therapy- what works and why
- Couples Counseling
- Nutritional Interventions for SUD/MH
- Harm Reduction – Tools and Techniques
- Trauma, SUD and Veterans
- Strategies for better individual and group therapy experiences
- Mindfulness and holistic approaches to MH/SUD
- CBT/DBT in action
Substances of Use
- Opioids and alternative treatment approaches
- Drug Trends
- Marijuana (many training options here)
- Opioid Epidemic and innovations in the Criminal Justice approach to those addicted - is there hope?
- The complexities of medical marijuana for those with SUD
- Pain Management for SUD Patients
- Opioid abuse across the lifespan - similarities and differences in age groups and how that effects treatment strategies
- MH and SUD Prevention in youth and the elderly
- Grief and Loss
- Abuse/Traumatic events
- Treatment challenges with Older Adults/Children/etc.
- Treatment: Family Issues and Answers
- Working with challenging families
- The bridge between prevention and treatment
- Alternatives to MAT with promise
- Clinical Supervision
- Complex Crisis Intervention
- In depth look at the pros and cons of 12-Step alternatives
- Bias in Treatment practices
- Sex and Addiction
- Is the victim role helpful or hurtful to healing?
- Functional medicine and treatment
- Advocacy in drug court setting
- Models of Intervention
- Bio-Psychosocial model - too much emphasis on the bio?
- Professional characteristics- So who’s the expert here?
- Improving service delivery for everyone
- For the Professional - Time and Stress Management, Self-care
- Psychiatric medications
- Therapeutic Communities
- Community Health