To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
TITLE: CERTIFIED RECOVERY SPECIALIST – MOBILE
REPORTS TO: PHILADELPHIA RECOVERY SUPPORT COORDINATOR
CLASSIFICATION: NON-EXEMPT, FULL TIME
SUMMARY: The Certified Recovery Specialist (CRS) will work in partnership with healthcare professionals in Philadelphia to engage individuals who may benefit from recovery support services. The CRS will serve as a role model, mentor, advocate and motivator to recovering individuals in order to help prevent relapse and promote long-term recovery. The Recovery Specialist must demonstrate an ability to share personal recovery experiences and to develop authentic peer-to-peer relationships and have an understanding of and respect for each individual’s unique path to recovery.
• Must be a Certified Recovery Specialist with at least one year of experience working in behavioral health field.
• Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, The Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and FBI Criminal History Background Check required.
• Recovery Specialist must be in recovery with at least 2 years sustained, current recovery history.
• Position is based out of the Philadelphia Recovery Community Center. CRS must use private vehicle, be able to work independently and collaborate with ROSE hospital staff to meet with participants in the community.
• Engage in relationship building and active listening with individuals to establish rapport, as evidenced by empathetic and active listening, communicating in a non-judgmental way, recognizing addictive behavior.
• Work with ROSE hospital staff in emergency or crisis situations; facilitate access to appropriate resources, negotiating and connecting individuals with resources and navigating the systems.
• Conduct self in an ethical manner by adhering to the PCB codes of ethics, standards of practice, and Council policy and procedures.
• Maintain valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $19.00 per hour
• Health insurance
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
• What is your PCB issued Certification number ?
• High school or equivalent (Required)
• Driver's License (Required)
• CRS Certification issued by the PCB ? (Required)
Work Location: On the road
DAILY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide recovery education to service recipients for every phase of the recovery journey from pre-recovery engagement, recovery initiation, recovery stabilization, and sustained recovery maintenance.
2. Provide peer-based recovery support, coaching and encouragement to individuals contemplating or actively seeking help with substance use recovery.
3. Work with ROSE on-site staff to assist with identified emergency or crisis situations and facilitate access to appropriate resources, negotiating and connecting individuals with resources and navigating the systems.
4. Collaborate with institutions to provide effective recovery support services to identified individuals.
5. Actively identify and support linkages to community resources (communities of recovery, educational, vocational, social, cultural, spiritual resources, mutual self- help groups, professional services, etc.) that support the recovering person’s goals and interests. This will involve a collaborative effort including the recovering person, agency staff and other relevant stakeholders.
6. Assist the individual to identify and prioritize strengths and needs, using various techniques that engage individuals to self-disclose.
7. Maintain project logs, reports and accurate records in appropriate files and database(s), adhering to program standards.
8. Maintain confidentiality regarding information received during the facilitation of recovery support services – maintain current understanding of federal, state and local confidentiality rules and regulations.
9. Engage in continuing professional development relative to recovery support services, applying practical and professional knowledge and experience. Maintain CRS credential.
10. Other duties as directed by Executive Director and/or Management Staff.
MUST have a Certified Recovery Specialist credential issued by the Pennsylvania Certification Board.