To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
This position serves as a direct care provider for clients on-site to provide assessments and screenings such vital signs, initial and follow up health screenings, referrals to onsite integrated wellness program, collecting urine drug screens (UDS), and other duties as assigned.
1. Prepares patients for the physician inclusive of taking vital signs; height and weight; reviewing and/or recording medical history; interviewing patients and confirming purpose of visit.
2. Greets patients in polite, prompt, helpful manner and provides any necessary instructions/directions.
3. Obtains and enters new patient demographics; updates patient information, as necessary, in the computer system to maintain accuracy of medical records and for billing purposes.
4. Reviews all forms for accuracy and completion according to office policies prior to accepting.
5. Collect laboratory specimens, log the specimens and prepare them for testing.
6. Answers patient calls with regard to medications or other medical needs and refers to licensed staff as needed.
7. Completes medical records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
8. Keeps inventory of exam room supplies and placing and expediting orders when necessary. Verifying receipt of supplies and stocking items.
9. Submits all invoices, receipts etc. to billing department.
10. Attends staff meetings as required.
11. Conducts self in accordance with BCC employee manual.
12. Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA and OSHA guidelines/regulations.
13. Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
14. Develop an understanding of trauma and how it impacts others.
15. Incorporate trauma informed practices into job duties and responsibilities, including interactions and communications with others.
16. Be an active member of BCC’s culture of caring through positive and engaging social interactions.
17. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) and High School/GED required. Experience in a mental health or substance abuse treatment setting preferred. Basic Life Support certified. Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred. Knowledge of or experience with trauma-informed approaches preferred.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the following: 1) Receipt of results of a satisfactory drug and alcohol screening test. 2) Receipt of the originals of the following background checks: PA State Police Criminal History, PA State Child Abuse, and DPW FBI Criminal History. These clearances must be valid within the 12 months prior to employment. A conviction is not a bar to employment, however a review will be conducted to make a determination of employment should a conviction be present. 3) Receipt of original documentation and verification of relevant degrees, diplomas, certificates, or licensure. 4) Confirmation that you are not on the OIG Federal Healthcare Program Exclusion from Participation list. Should you appear on this list, Berks Counseling Center is prohibited from employing you.
Please apply on our website: ww.berkscounselingcenter.org/careers.