To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
PCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
The Executive Director under direct supervision of the Board of Directors is responsible for the full administration, programming and financial management of the Ellen O’Brien Gaiser Center.
The Ellen O’Brien Gaiser Center located in Butler, PA is a 501 (C) 3 non-profit agency organized in June 1971 and provides PA Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs (DDAP) state licensed drug and alcohol treatment to adults. The Gaiser Center offers both inpatient and outpatient levels of care and annual revenues are approximately $4 million and has 45 employees.
• Ensure commitment and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations including State and Federal client confidentiality laws.
• Maintain a client-centered, employee-centered atmosphere at all times.
• Promote and follow safe working practices and take necessary steps to keep clients and staff safe.
• Work with Board of Directors and staff to develop and implement strategic plans that meet the evolving needs of those we serve and meet the business goals and objectives of the Gaiser Center.
• Act as a professional advisor to the Board of Directors on all aspects of the organization's operations. Participate in board meetings, conferences, staff development trainings, etc.
• Provide an annual budget and monthly financial reporting to the board of directors. Ensure that the Gaiser Center is a viable, sustainable organization with the resources to meet current and projected program growth.
• Maintain contracts with key medical personnel including Medical Director and Psychiatric support services.
• Oversee all Gaiser Center operations including program management, finance, human resources, training, marketing and facility management.
• Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the Ellen O’Brien Gaiser Center.
• Responsible for fundraising activities and of the Gaiser Center.
• Recruit, coach and develop a team of senior leaders to manage critical business functions.
• Work diligently to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
• Develop positive relationships with key stakeholders, including funding sources, the community and government agencies.
• Proactively and professionally address challenges in the internal and external environment to protect business interests.
• A Master’s Degree or above from an accredited college with a major in Business Management, Health Care Admin., Social Work, Counseling, Public Admin or other related field.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years previous management experience preferably in a PA State Licensed drug and alcohol treatment facility.
• Must be able to supervise and effectively accomplish positive work results.
• Must have knowledge of accounting and finance practices and principles.
• Must possess strong communication skills and effective and efficient reporting skills.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to plan, organize and assign relevant tasks and duties to others.
• Must possess strong leadership skills and must be able to lead by example.
• Ability to evaluate employee performance and set and monitor training and performance goals for employees.
• Satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Pre-employment Drug Testing.
Strong Strategic/Critical Thinking Skills: Must be solution focused and resourceful and able to develop a workable plan to get from current to the desired goal.
Vision and Leadership: The ED is able to focus on the needs of those we serve and develop programs and facilities to accommodate them.
Passionate: The leader of the Gaiser Center is a strong and passionate advocate for those impacted by drugs, alcohol, mental health and their families.
Business Acumen: The ED must have strong business skills based in previous and proven experience.
Knowledge about current trends, practices, and policies affecting the drug/alcohol industry.
A firm understanding of PA State licensed treatment, competitors, programs and a good grasp of effective strategies and tactics that work in the marketplace.
Dare Enterprises, Inc. is a human resources business solutions firm and not a recruiter yet clients often ask for our assistance in sourcing and screening candidates. For consideration, please submit your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.